Friday, July 30, 2010

I shall blaze, and be reborn from the ashes...

My life is like a flame, once searing, blazing. But the flame has ran out of fuel to burn on, and died down to a tiny ember. I now grasp the ember weakly, worrying it may extinguish. I know in my burning heart that the flame must not go off so soon, as the future holds many more chances for my flame to engulf and rise from the shadows.

However, I now see a dark future which my little ember cannot illuminate. I'm afraid. My heart, soul, hopes and dreams have simmered to nothing but a faint glow. Yet I cling on to this dying ember, waiting in hope of a chance of relight. How I wish some kind soul could come by and give my flame a little sprinkle of fuel to encourage its combustion, but no one would. Nobody would notice this insignificant and weak ember. Thus I have to fuel it myself. I search and hunt everywhere for new hope, but sometimes I get so tired I feel like ending it all and leave the little flame to chance. I'm tired of it all and feel in unrest. I thought, then sought peace and silence, but the singe of sadness charred me again and tears have almost extinguished the fire.

Then, from seemingly nowhere, or perhaps from my heart, soul and mind, came a sudden surging blaze of will and determination. I must never, ever disappoint those flames all around me, especially those flames which I started burning from, who started my flame and protected me from the storms, all those flames who trusted that my flame would blaze high and bright and trained me to improve, and also all those flames close to me, who stayed by me and burn me up when I lay low and cold. These flames I must never disappoint, no matter how small my flame burns, no matter how cold and exhausted I feel, no matter how much the sacrifice.

My flame now burns white-hot with fiery will and raging determination, as I charge my searing force forwards, engulfing all obstacles and surge towards my goal, and yet another beginning shall rise from it, but I shall face it all the same, with my undying flame. If I can survive it once, I shall face it a million times with courage when neccessary, and still be reborn from the ashes even if I burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment